Monday, August 6, 2012

Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies

Betty Crocker has nothing on me! Ha! Well that may be an overstatement but I am giving her a run for the money. Lately I have tried not to be afraid of trying new things. That may sound funny but I have been scared of learning to cook and bake for most of my life. Maybe it's the fear of failing? Who knows..  but I have to learn sometime! And for Hadley's sake I suppose it's better to try out my cooking on Chris rather than on her! LOL

Sunday I decided to try chocolate chip cookies with an added twist. I used the Hershey's recipe.

Ingredients

  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup coconut flakes
  1. Heat oven to 375°F.
  2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut flakes. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.

    PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375°F. 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.


Before

After- Baked to perfection!

So half of the recipe made around 40 cookies. After Charlie, Chris, and I taste tested them *all afternoon* we had 8 left this morning! Needless to say I enjoyed them and so did Miss Hadley!

Yummy in my tummy!
One last thing.. I got a text from Charlie today saying the cookies he took home to his roommate were a hit. Guys just don't text to say cookies were yummy unless they were hella good. ;) Yea me!

No comments:

Post a Comment